5.24.2009

All Work And No Play? NOT HARDLY!

Our good friend Sam stopped by the other day and brought me a magnetic thermometer to stick on my BBQ pit. You can see it in the first picture on top o da pit by the smoke pipe. As yall know, we have been very busy doing home projects and I thought it was high time we fired up da pit, so me and Marky, our happy, chubby pup minded the Pit while Sparky helped Peggy in the house. I smoked up some chicken and sausages, with a pan of potatoes. Our neighbor, Monica, stopped by with 4 ears of sweet corn and I threw them on the pit, too for roasting. Always remember; no matter how busy ya get, to take a break every once in a while, enjoy life and pause to revel in the life ya have. It's precious and just like this Gladiola gracing our front door, gone too quickly.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm now i'm hungry...the house looks wonderful

mori

cappy said...

We are still working on it. I finally finished wallpapering the kitchen today. I refused to buy another roll of paper, because I think I was cheated already; I had ordered two rolls online, but only got one. When I called them, they said that the roll was a double one. HAH. It hardly covered anything and I had to spend a lot of time using scraps to make a wallpaper collage to get it all covered.