8.13.2009

A Rainy Cruise on the Mississippi River

Folks just don't understand why in the world I would want to spend one of my days off, riding a sight-seeing boat on the River, especially one that I passed several times while at work. It's hard to explain, but here's the short version:
Too often in life we become complacent. It's far too easy to take the beauty of our surroundings for granted and I guess it's human nature to just adjust and go on with our busy lives and forget to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us. Well, that's against my basic philosophy, and the best way to be reminded about how lucky I am to have the opportunity to prowl the waterways of Louisiana at work, is to do it with folks who don't often have the chance. I love going on the River or back in the swamps with folks who don't get to see it like I do. It reminds me how blessed I truly am. Anyways, that's how I found myself on a rainy Wednesday, following family and friends around as we had lunch, took a cruise on the NATCHEZ, then topped it off with cocktails at Pat O'brian's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL sounds like the time Bob, you, and I took one of those trips and ended up in the same place! LOL..huggiesss Linda

cappy said...

LOL Linda, you'll have to come back down and we'll do it again, except for the staying up all night on the rooftops of NOLA waiting for the gorgeous sunrise. I missed that one...Naw, I think if I'da been down here, I woulda crashed hours earlier...no waiting for sunup for me. Oh...you can, if you want, but you'll do it from our front yard around one of Cappy's fun campfires. You like your hot dogs and shmarshmallows burnt black like I do?