8.21.2006

A Piece of Peace


(Finally the powers that be got the blogsite working again...I have missed Ya'll)

The media news today has been so filled with such misery and forboding. Many people are predicting something terrible in store for tomorrow, August 22, 2006. I'm one who can allow myself to easily get 'rattled'...IF I allow it. It reminds me of hearing a story about my late Uncle Dick Ludwig, who had recently moved into a nice neighborhood during the height of the cold war in the '50's. People were actually digging bomb shelters in their backyards. When one of his new neighbors approached my uncle and asked him if he was going to build a bomb shelter, he said he already had one. Well, that stunned the questioner. He turned his head this way and that, looking all around trying to see what Uncle Dick was referring to. " Whaaa....Where? We didn't see your yard dug up or anybody working on it." My uncle paused, reflected, then looked the man straight in the eyes and said, "My Bomb Shelter is Psalms 91".

You, who dwell in the Shelter of the Most High, who abide in the Shadow of the Almighty, say to the Lord, "My refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust."

God WILL rescue you from the fowler's snare, from the destroying plague, WILL shelter you with pinions, spread wings that you may take refuge; God's faithfullness IS a protecting shield.

You shall not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that roams in darkness, nor the plague that ravages at noon.

---->Though a Thousand (people) fall at your side, Ten Thousand at your right hand, it shall NOT come near you. <------
With your own eyes you will look and see the wicked punished.

You have The Lord for your refuge; you have made the Most High your stronghold. No evil shall befall you, no affliction shall come near your dwelling, for God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways. With their hands they shall support you, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You can walk upon a lion or a snake, but trample them both.

"Because he has set his love upon ME, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he has known My Name. He shall call upon Me, and I WILL answer him; I WILL be with him in trouble; I Will honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My Salvation."


Cappy and I don't 'preach' on our blog; we never have, or try not to. We try to live by our beliefs rather than trying to cram them down anyone's throats. My thought is that, despite having done all...when all bets are off; when things look hopeless...I'm banking on Peace. I need inner peace to keep healthy even. But for anyone we may offend with this particular blog posting, I just want you to know that I don't claim to have all the answers. I only know what works for me. Sometimes I've cried so hard during terrible times, crawled out of bed or from whereever, and literally stood on the Word. Stood on the Promises, asking forgiveness for things I had done wrong, but stood there on my Bible in desperation. And He answered me. He worked it out. He always does. He's our Bomb Shelter. Peace. Shalom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach on, we all could use it!