8.26.2007

Adjuror

I want to thank whomever posted the info. for relieving the symptoms of head clanging and zapping I'm experiencing while trying to get off Lexapro. I can say it's truly helped some. I gotta tell ya, though, I'm SO tired of this whole mess. I can see now, why so many people just give up and go on taking them. It's probably much easier. I reduced the dosage again, and during the long night, I couldn't sleep, tossed and turned, had headaches and body aches, the danged head zaps were back, but I didn't want to get up and eat tuna or turkey. I'll do that today. I'm foggy-brained too, and could hardly hold a conversation just now with the nice young kid, Brett, who does our lawn. How embarrassing.
I can only remember one other time, years ago in Rochester, NY, when I was exhausted, and trying hard to focus on life around me. I had a bad case of kidney infection, with ecoli, and was running a temperature of 105. The bout lasted for about two weeks. My physician had given me very expensive antibiotics to clear it up. I was almost delirious, I guess. During the nights, I'd sweat like crazy, then the fever would break and I'd huddle under tons of blankets shivering and having 'goose-chills'. It was a tiring cycle until it finally subsided. I remember one night, in the 'heat of the battle', someone, barely audible, yelling at me; I turned and saw the person in question, as though I were seeing them from far, far away and fuzzy. What was it they said? "You're nothing but a #%!*@ hypochondriac!" oh well.
During those two weeks,one of the things I was concerned about was the fact that I was supposed to show up for jury duty in the coming week. In my delerium I fretted about it. Sure enough, one day the phone rang, so I crawled over to answer it. A woman on the other end said, "This is the Jury Department....". I cut her off with,"Oh migosh, I'm so glad you called! I can't make it next week; I'm sick! I'm not trying to get out of it, I swear! Ever since I was a little kid, I have looked forward to jury duty, because my father said it was an honor and a civilian's duty...he served on jury duty and taught us kids it was our responsibility, too, so you see...I'm not trying to get out of it, ....honestly!"
There was a long pause on the other end of the phone.
Finally, the woman said, "...Uh...lady, I don't know what you thought I said, but I just wanted to let you know that the JEWELRY Department at Penney's is having a sale tomorrow". oh.

No comments: