5.13.2006

My Little Bay-bee!

This card was sent from my youngest son, Joe...my 'baby'. I just got it yesterday for Mothers' Day. Actually, Joe was the biggest of all of my babies. I guess 8 should be his favorite number. He was born on the 8th day of the 8th month, weighed 8lbs. 8 oz. and the delivering doctor and nurse were both saying, "Hey! What are the odds!" because it was both of their birthdays too.
In the box along with the card, he had sent some squares of sponge candy...oh, I coulda killed him and hugged him at the same time. I only have two left out of about a dozen of them. Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I've tried making sponge candy down here, but because of the high humidity, it always melted into a SOG. I guess that's why nobody down here in South Louisiana has ever heard of sponge candy.
He also included some Texas Hot dry mix for hot dogs. Oh, is that stuff good!
Below is the poem Joe wrote in the card last year. He also sent me some red miniature roses that are blooming on the carport. I should have taken pics of them to add to this post. The poem below tells about the fun things we did together...I 'grew up' with the kids, myself. To read either of the poems, click on them.

This is what I have left to savor tomorrow on Mom's day.
These are Joe's 'babies'. Ashley and Zachery. His beautiful wife is Jessica. I can't wait to get my hands on these Sweets when I get to NYS soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peggy your geand babies are adorable. As for clicking on the poems, it don't work. However it does work when ya click on the other pictures, go figure!:|

cappy said...

Hi Taff...I know. The one of me and the scarecrow, where my eyes are bloodshot from little sleep and whatever pollen which is tearing me up....that one blows up HUGE. The poems don't. One day I'm going to figure out how to work this thingy. I hope my spelling is ok right now...I can't find my glasses. AGAIN. Hugs