3.11.2009

Fast Ball...From Piller to Post

This is a video that should have been posted a couple of months ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4WFgJTi9s YouTube didn't put it in the best quality format, but it's still fun. It's Cappy's sister and his niece singing. (I did answer Blythe...I nodded my head yes..in case you wonder, in the beginning of the video)
AND...I really haven't forgotten to work on our Mardi Gras slideshows, honestly! Ever feel like the faster you go, the farther behind you get sometimes? Well, thas me. I got set back, by being a nursemaid to SparkyBear, making sure he got all his pills taken, usually disguised as a juicy bite of cheese, then trying not to neglect my own health, taking my own handful of vitamins, and taking Cappy's few meds out to him on the Boat. So anyhow, for the most part we got back on keel. When Dan and Jennifer and the kids came down it was a wonderful week of rushing and hugging and having a lot of fun, catching up with family, catching beads, plus over-eating. Well, when they left, Cappy got on the canning kick, which was also a lot of fun, but time consuming. During the whole time, I've been fully aware that our cabinet maker has already gotten our 'kitchen' rebuilt, painted, curing, probably the 'jewelry'...drawer pulls and handles put on them. I've been trying to assemble all the other accoutrements that go with it, and line up the guys who are going to install said accoutrements. For months and months, even, I've been looking online, letting my fingies do the walking, finding things...or trying to find things, anyhow. Only yesterday I found the 12" deep sink we want, so ordered it. Now it needs a faucet...am scouring reviews to find the least troublesome and a good deal, to boot. I got the wallpaper. I got a fancy-shmancy lamp...not too much on the shmancy side...Cappy does live here, too. I got the corbels for under the shiny black granite table, but couldn't find a danged post that looked nice to hold it up...all I needed was just one. I've walked through Lowe's over and over again, thinking I must have missed something. Home "Despot" the same. Online...oh sure...$75 for one post. Uh...not. I finally picked one up yesterday, and not for any stinkin' $75 plus postage either. That's at least one more thing I can cross off my "Get 'er Done Last Month" list.
The garden desperately needs my attention. The flower beds desperately need my attention. The patio desperately needs my attention. The fruit trees desperately need my attention. It all needs doing now. We gots more company coming when Cappy gets off the boat next time...oh migosh, the bedroom has to be spruced up and made ready. But I can't wait to see them...it's Mr. Ed and Miss Jean!!! we LOVE them!
Know how they say life comes at you fast? It sure does, doesn't it? Life is a blast...life is a ball, but it sure comes at you fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowwww, dan growed up even more! i don't wanna call him old but wowwww. lal.
now peg, sparky is not a brat! well...not much.
yes i just got home wednesday, feels sooooooo nice, its not freezing here!
jeff is much better, he was a trooper.
can't wait for jelly!!!! tytytyty.
love you bunches. mori

cappy said...

Well, it's goina take me a bit to get all the jelly sent out to everybody. Have patience.
Sunday,brother-in-law Darryl and his son,Ren are coming over to dismantle the kitchen. Take out all the cabinets to make room for the new ones, which are supposed to be installed no later than the middle of next week. It looks like I'll be having a temporary plywood countertop sitting atop the new lower cupboards til the 'stone dude' cuts the new granite top for it. It'll be interesting having Mr. Ed and Miss Jean see all this during their visit. As they say,"Timing is everything". We are thrilled, tho, that they will be spending Easter with us!!! And so will Darryl and Maria and the kids. I sure hope I get the pictures posted before next Christmas. I still have Christmas photos from western NY to post yet. And they are so cool...literally...snow and all.
I'm so glad Jeff is doing better. I have his phone number, and many times want to call him then get interrupted..DangDangDang.
Yeah, the weather is perfect right now. The attic needs overhauling and 'dunging' out before Summer heat gets here which makes it impossible to go up there for more than a minute or two. Always a day late and a dollar short, as Mom would say...the story of my life.
Big Hugs, Kiddo